[Dixielandjazz] Christian Instrumental Jazz

BillSargentDrums at aol.com BillSargentDrums at aol.com
Thu Aug 12 22:31:39 PDT 2004

In a message dated 7/28/2004 12:34:45 PM Central Standard Time,
TCASHWIGG at aol.com writes:

It is amazing how  most grow up on Classical, Pop, Rock, and Hip Hop, Folk,
and now even  Christian ROCK and Christian Jazz, ( seems like only yesterday
they
were  burning those rock records in the streets while thumping bibles) of all

things, how politically correct, etc., and then go to College and discover
Blues and Jazz.

Ah what a difference a lyric makes!

But Christian Instrumental Jazz????  Give me a break.   Usually comes from
guys who can't compete in the Real Jazz World, so they  slap the word
Christian in
front of their name and create a new following  and market for themselves
primarily in Churches and church related  functions.   A pet peeve of mine :)

Hasn't been my experience. Some of the most phenominal musicians and talent
I know are in the music ministry.

People from with all kinds of skills and talent levels are  Christians.

Alex Acuna, Carl Albrecht, Terl Bryant, Vinnie Colaiuta, Luis Conte, Sheila
E., Bart Elliott, Will Kennedy, Alvaro Lopez, Sean McCurley, Marvin McQuitty
and Louis Santiago,  Jr.
are all Christian drummers who appeared at "Drummers for Jesus 2004"

Some people are Christians who like Jazz. God likes Jazz too.

Personally, I serve in the ministry 3 days a week and run a Christian
recording company IN ADDITION to all my secular activities.

Sorry I was so late in responding to this. Traveled for 10 days to Texas
with my church's Youth Choir. Placed in the top 10 in the nation.

Bill
414-777-0100
BillSargentBands.com