[Dixielandjazz] Re: Great Connecticut Jazz Fest

Jerry Gordon jerrygordon at juno.com
Tue Aug 10 15:55:35 PDT 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:10:39 EDT DWSI at aol.com writes:
> Thanks for the review and summary. My only question about this is why
> in
> God's name do they hold a Dixieland or swing or ragtime or
> traditional jazz
> festival way the Hell and gone from the cultural and population
> center of the
> eastcoast--namely New York City?

For the same reason that not all southwestern festivals are held in Los
Angeles.

Believe me, Dan, I'd much rather spend a few days in the "wilds" of CT
than in NYC, especially in July. And it's only a 2-hr drive from the city
(based on distance, not including weekend traffic on I-95).

Jerry Gordon, Troy, NY - Web master for
http://www.timesunion.com/communities/jazz