[Dixielandjazz] Great Connecticut Jazz Fest

CHARLES ENLIND cenlind at MSN.com
Tue Aug 10 09:08:59 PDT 2004

I may have missed a message but was wondering if anyone besides myself got to the festival this year?

Two improvements were noted:  the festival returned to Moodus which allowed the tents to be spread
out so that the bands didn't overlap each other as at Guilford and Ed Metz Sr. led the Bob Crosby Band
which rendered some great swing and jazz as did the original band.  This was an improvement over
previous years when swing  bands with appeal mainly to younger crowds played their new swing numbers
rather than the swing most of us were used to.  I saw a trend back to more trad this year, also.

This is one of those festivals that also may be on the endangered list but I did see  rays of
hope this year including crowds that appeared larger than when the festival was held in Guilford.

Chas Enlind