[Dixielandjazz] Letter on Sacramento Jubilee

Patrick Cooke patcooke at cox.net
Thu Aug 5 08:22:40 PDT 2004

Bob....
     You're right...I should withhold judgment till I've been there.  My
information comes solely from the ads for the fest, and the website.  So
far, your publicity guys have not convinced me I should spend the
$1,200-1,500 it cost to attend an out-of-town festival.
      I have to say that anyone who can keep a festival the size of Sacto
going for so many years without losing a ton of money must be doing
something right.
      I remember a few years ago, the Sweet & Hot fest started putting a few
groups at another hotel just a very short busride away.  They had to have
prize drawings to entice people to go there!  I, and a significant number of
others, didn't bother to take the busride.  I heard the ride was short...the
wait was not.  I don't know if they still have the extra venue or not.
     I've never been called insipid before, but perhaps insipid occasionally
applies.  I'll try to keep my posts livelier!
      Truly sorry you're pissed off.  But remember...its better than being
pissed on!  :-).
       Pat Cooke