[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Society Marketing Consultant

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Aug 5 08:01:27 PDT 2004

Folks--
     What do you think about a jazz-society hiring a
marketing-consultant to help promote its concerts?  Is this a good
idea?  How much should it cost?
     Would the American Federation of Jazz Societies have information
or opinions about this?  If not, who would?
     Surely each jazz-society is not an island entire unto itself,
reinventing the wheel each time in every town?  But what do you do if
nobody in the management of the society has experience or expertise
in this?

     Dan