[Dixielandjazz] Jimmy LaRocca

Tom Wood zenith at ans.com.au
Tue Aug 3 17:33:52 PDT 2004

Dear Listers and Bill Salmond,

Following up on the Singing and Blues thread please note that the now
correct and full title for the currently running Edinburgh Jazz Festival is,
believe it or not, "Starbucks Edinburgh Jazz & Blues Festival".  As well as
Bill Salmond's Louisiana Ragtime Band with Big Al Carson and Nick LaRocca's
Original Dixieland Jazz Band, this year it includes Van Morrison, the
Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra,  Hot Antic Jazz Band, Barbara Morrison,
Humphrey Lyttelton Band, Kenny Davern Quartet and Duke Heitger's New Orleans
All Stars. (a young American trumpeter who is widely regarded as the heir to
Louis Armstrong).  Sorry we have missed this years festival but we already
travelled to Europe earlier this year.
Cheers,
Tom (giving the hometown a plug) Wood