[Dixielandjazz] Memphis Blues

Wim Mossel w.p.mossel at wanadoo.nl
Sun Aug 1 13:48:13 PDT 2004

Dear list mates,
A part of the Memphis Blues I know. I have a book with the chords, but two
parts I can't find.
I know the 20 bars part with the text "Folks I've just been down, down to
Memphis town, That's were the people smile" etc.
After that comes a 2x 12 bars part with the text
"They got a fiddler there that always slickens his hair, Oh Lordy, how he
pulls his bow"etc.
My problem is that there is a four bars intro with the chords
/ C7 / G7 C7 /  F F7 Fo Bbm / F /
and after that a 12 bar blues with the chords
/ F / F7 / Bb Bbm / F Bo / Bb7 / % / F / % / C7 / G7 C7 / F / % /
from both I can't find a melody line.
This two parts come before the "Folks I've just been down .." part.
Can anyone have me  the melody lines of that two parts?

Kind regards, Vriendelijke groet, Grüße
Wim Mossel

Tenor guitar player of  The Autoreverse Jazz Orchestra
http://www.autoreverse.nl/

a.k.a. w.p.mossel at wanadoo.nl