[Dixielandjazz] Too political for the list???

Richard Broadie rbroadie at dc.rr.com
Thu Apr 29 17:20:27 PDT 2004

I think that George W. Bush should be blamed for all fiscal problems
associated with jazz music.  Since he's been president, the market share for
jazz has never been lower.   This is obviouluy due to his failure to assist
the UNs efforts to preserve the famous red light district of Urkostan
otherwise known as "The Mother Lode of All True Urkostanian Jazz."

Furthermore, has anyone noticed that since George W. Bush and the TERMINATOR
have been in office simultaneously, LOUIS ARMSTRONG HAS NOT RECORDED A
SINGLE NEW CD!  And all those Buddy Bolden recordings continue to be
impossible to get!

The last straw:  I am noticing a compatability problem when I play my
classic 78rpm jazz records in my CD player!  This has to be due to a right
wing conspiracy by the Bush administration to block the bottom portion of my
recordings from spinning to the left!  No wonder booze tickets in Sacramento
are becoming more endangered than E tickets at Disneyland!

There!  That's my political statement for 2004.   I hope it's not too
political for the list.  In any case,  I'm outta here!

Dick Broadie
Palm Springs, Ca
USA