[Dixielandjazz] Drinks at Sacto Jubilee

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 28 13:57:38 PDT 2004

Suggest the musos adopt the Wild Bill Davison attitude about  drinks and
get the fans to buy them. You know, the WBD line: "Hey %#@@%$# when are
you going to buy me a drink? ;-) VBG

Last time I played a festival, (about 10 years ago), I was invited to
lunch by a husband & wife fan couple Yeah, you got it, guess who
bought?  Me. They had rigor mortis when the check came and didn't even
offer. Amazing!!!

So, please, dear fans, buy the muso of your choice a drink, and / or
lunch at Sacto. They are working their butt's off for you at minimal pay
and it would be a well appreciated gesture.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone