[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento Jazz Jubilee Update

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Tue Apr 27 23:30:29 PDT 2004

 Rob McCallum asks, regarding the food & drink tickets for musicians:

> Dropping the drink tickets for musicians?  That's about half of the
> operating budget right there, isn't it?

No.  However, it is a big chunk.

The feeling is that musicians already get paid.  In the past we only got $20
worth of drink & food tickets each.  But, when you are dealing with over 100
bands, this can add up.

The youth bands still get food tickets because they do not get paid.

The volunteers still get some, but not as much.

We hope that when the dust clears, we'll be able to reinstate some of the
perks.  But for now, our goal is to have a successful Jubilee & make enough
money to pay off our outstanding bills & have seed money for next year.

--Bob
robert at ringwald.com
Board of Directors, Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society
See: http://www.sacjazz.com
See: http://www.sacjazz.org