[Dixielandjazz] CD's that are disintegrating

Robert Smith robert.smith at mitransport.no
Sun Apr 25 10:43:44 PDT 2004

Audio engineers at the University Library in Aarhus in Denmark have just discovered that CD's from the 1980's are beginning to disintegrate. The plastic surface is exfoliating in a way resembling dandruff in effect.
I heard this today on the Norwegian news. I did a Google search for this and discovered from the Danish texts that these are the first ever commercial music CD's. I also did a Google search using these keywords: aarhus university library cd life but for some strange reason the Google reply did not display.

Cheers

Bob Smith