[Dixielandjazz] Re: "Chronological"

Robert Smith robert.smith at mitransport.no
Fri Apr 23 10:46:41 PDT 2004

Bill Haesler wrote:
> PS: Something which has always intrigued me.
> Is 'Chronogical' the correct French spelling for our 'chronological'.
> Or is it an artwork error with the CD cover design, as I have always
> believed?
> We Aussies have enough trouble speaking English without trying to master
> French too!
> Just kidding.
> Bill.
Sorry Bill, I just couldn't resist airing my schoolboy French from some 50-odd years ago.
chronological adj. chronologique
as defined by the the French Academy in 1877
This substantiates your belief in a slip-up during the artwork on the CD cover, especially as the French rarely use English words - they even refer to New Orleans as Nouvelle-Orléans (cited from French HMV LP FELP 200). Incidently, there is a good French phrase, viz.: 'Made in France'.

Cheers

Bob
(Bob Smith)