[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento Jazz Jubilee Update

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Tue Apr 27 14:17:45 PDT 2004

    Things are going very well for the Sacramento Jazz Jubilee.  Pre-ticket
sales are up over last year.

Even though we have had money problems, there have not been any significant
decrease in talent.  The cuts, to save money, have mostly been in tightening
up procedures, getting underwriting, dropping the drink tickets for
musicians & cutting back some for volunteers.

Things are really looking good for us to have a very successful 31st
Sacramento Jazz Jubilee.  Hope as many of you as possible will be with us.

Don't forget the DJML F2F/BMP (face to face) (bloody mary party), Friday
morning at 10:00 AM.  We will be making arrangements for location soon &
will let all of you know.  There is a very good chance that we will use the
Delta King again.

Remember, the Delta King is the riverboat that is permanently moored in Old
Sacramento.  The DJML get together is from 10:00 to 11:00 AM.  Afterwards,
it is only a few steps away to watch the Jubilee opening ceremonies & parade
which starts @ 11:30 AM.  Then the music starts up in over 40 venues
throughout the city, at 1:00 PM.

For those of you coming in early, there will be Jazz bands playing around
town for 2 weeks prior to the Festival.

For a schedule of the Jubilee pre-concerts, a Jubilee program or information
on hotels & RV parking, contact the Jubilee office at stjs at earthlink.net or
call (916) 372-5277.

If any of you have questions about the festival, feel free to e-mail me.  If
I can't answer them, I'll turn the question over to someone who will be able
to.

Bob
robert at ringwald.com
Placerville, CA, USA, Earth, Sol's System, Milky Way
DJML Moderator
Amateur (ham) Radio Station K6YBV
Fulton Street Jazz Band
See: http://www.ringwald.com