FW: [Dixielandjazz] CD-Rs with short memory...

James Kashishian kash at ran.es
Fri Apr 23 18:11:03 PDT 2004

Andy Ling wrote
So for all you guys entrusting your priceless LPs to CD - hang on to
the originals..................

Andy, this has been an argument since the CD appeared.  I wouldn't pay any
attention to it.  I have always used a private label (U.K. based) of
writable CD that is optimized for professional music use. They tested their
CD's for use over 100 yrs and found they lasted perfectly well (using
accelerated tests!).

I wouldn't trust worthwhile music to data type CD's, but feel perfectly
comfortable with the music ones (Sony does on, so do other brands).  They
cost more.

Jim