[Dixielandjazz] Madison

Don Kirkman donkirk at covad.net
Wed Apr 21 00:46:22 PDT 2004

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 05:14:14 +0000, Bill Gunter wrote:

>The name, "Parasol" implies SUN (sol = sun).

>If it was for the rain it would prolly say "umbrella or bumber-shoot" or
>something.

>Respectfully submitted,

Surely Brother Gunter is putting us on; his erudition is widely known in
the land of DJML, and thus I am fully convinced that he knows an
"umbrella" is in truth a "small shade,"  which implies that it is also
to be used on sunny days.  When else would one let a smile be
his/her/its umbrella?  I will defer to anybody else who may want to take
on "bumbershoot."
--
Don
donkirk at covad.net