[Dixielandjazz] Heinz Junghans' piano player

Ed Danielson mcvouty78 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 13 11:57:21 PDT 2004

I've been wondering for 32 years about a piano player I heard in Hamburg,
playing with Heinz Junghans' Jazzmen at a place called the Cotton Club.  I
understand that the club is still there, and that Junghans is still playing.
  Gerard Bielderman's identification of the Feetwarmer personnel mystery
leads me to believe he may know who this guy was and if he's still playing.
I believe his first name was Manfred.  He played like Leon Russell imitating
Earl "Fatha" Hines... an incredible player!  The band was good, but this guy
was a monster!  Any information would be appreciated.