Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Great pianists

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Tue Apr 13 08:50:29 PDT 2004

For a listen to a truly great pianist, though in a purely tongue in cheek
humor trip, I nominate my dad's recording ofr Moe Zart's Turkey Trot. This
is a send up on Mozart's Rondo ala Turk, and is played by Frank Lietner, who
was also on many of the early Spike Jones sides. It features superb
pianistics backed by banjos, guitars and other hillbilly instrumentation,
and was a burlesque of a very serious piano solo work. This side is one of
28 Red Ingle Capital sides released several years ago by Bear Family
Records.
I make the disclaimer that the Ingle family, what's left of us .. me ...,
makes no royalty on this. But I take my pleasure in listening to it and
admiring this top flight studio/jazz piano picker, Frank Lietner.
Don Ingle