[Dixielandjazz] Looking for other lyrics...

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 9 16:12:24 PDT 2004

Hi Listmates,

I've been away for a few weeks but just got logged back in yesterday.
Anyway, I notice that Bob Lynn asked:

>I am trying to locate lyrics for "Let It Happen" and any other of her
>tunes.  Can any of you help?

=====

IF YOU LOVE ME
by Parsons and Monnott

If the sun should tumbled from the sky
If the sea should suddenly run dry
If you love me, really love me - let it happen, I won't care.
If it seems that everything is lost
I will smile and never count the cost
If you love me, really love me - let it happen, I won't care.
Shall I catch a shooting star? Shall I bring it where you are?
If you want me to I will.
You can set me any task. I'll do anything you ask.
If you'll only love me still.
When at last our life on earth is through
I will share eternity with you.
If you love me, really love me - let it happen, I won't care.

====

I certainly wouldn't want to say this song is overly sentimental and gushy.
I wouln't want to imply that it is cloyingly gooey . . . so you won't catch
me saying anything like that!

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "But I do like the melody" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com