[Dixielandjazz] Boondockers In Hungary

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald at calweb.com
Wed Apr 7 17:41:53 PDT 2004

Listmates,

The Boondockers (Jazz & Comedy) band, containing 5 members of DJML & 2
former members, just returned from a wonderful 5 concert tour of Hungary.

The tour, including a 3 day Jazz Festival was organized by Listmate Tamas
Ittzes who is a wonderful musician & band leader in his own right.

I cannot say enough about the way that Tamas had everything organized.
Besides our band, he had his band performing, plus other bands from Hungary
& Prog.  There were also 2 Ragtime players from the US & one from Canada.
We were all playing concerts from one end of Hungary to the other.

Tamas had everything scheduled from hotels, transportation, meals, concerts,
sound checks, to some sight-seeing along the way.  I don't think he ever
slept for 2 weeks.

 The audiences, food, venues, transportation, sight-seeing, was as good as
you will ever get.  The prices are about 1/3 of what they are in the US,
thus we actually were able to come away with some money in our pockets.

Tamas does this every year.  I strongly recommend that, if you can, you go
along with the tour next year.  The country, artatecture, people were
wonderful.  This would be a great vacation next year.

Bob
robert (a)t ringwald.com
Placerville, CA, USA, Earth, Sol's System, Milky Way
Amateur (ham) Radio Station K6YBV
Fulton Street Jazz Band
See: http://www.ringwald.com
Boondockers Jazz & Comedy Band