[Dixielandjazz] Re: Ray Noble + Al Bowlly

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 7 10:54:33 PDT 2004

Hi Bill & List mates:

First time I heard that, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were true. The
early Ray Noble Orchestra was indeed a "sweet" sound. Wouldn't surprise me
if he had been listening, (like Louis Armstrong)  to Guy Lombardo's "sweet"
jazz band back then.

About the posts. I am not sure why, but they do not make the list when I
post them. Maybe they were held up by unnamed list police in Bob Ringwald's
absence? The note about jazz in Charlestown S.C. was send on April 4. Very
confusing. We'll see how this one goes.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone