[Dixielandjazz] Re: Bananas

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Apr 7 21:18:20 PDT 2004

Dear Adrian,
Tiny Grimes (late 1950) and Louis Jordan (RCA Victor 18 March 1955) both
recorded a tune called "Bananas".
Unfortunately, I do not have them.
Wot about "I Like Bananas (Because They Have No Bones)" by Willie Bryant
Orch (3 June 1935), Sharkey Bonano (on a Dixieland Records LP), Henry Hall
(2 June 1936) and Joe Loss.
"Bananas" by Geraldo and also Lew Stone.
"Banana Peel Rag" (Gus Winkler) was recorded in April 1917 by Rogers
Military Band.
I also hear in my head something about "Chiquita Banana".
Spike Jones must surely have done something with "Bananas" in it.
I have the Willie Bryant, Henry Hall from the above list.
I will keep looking.
Very kind regards,
Bill.