[Dixielandjazz] Ray Noble with Al Bowlly

Len Nielsen lennielsen at telus.net
Tue Apr 6 23:31:52 PDT 2004

My thanks to everyone who wrote giving me info on the career of Ray
Noble. My musical knowledge has been considerably broadened. The list of
songs he has written and the hit recordings he made with Al Bowlly on
vocals is impressive.

Al Bowlly's vocal on "Who Walks in....." was spoken. Were his many other
vocals sung? He sounds as if he may have had a tenor singing voice?

Thanks also, to those who told me of other recordings of this song. The
"Hot Jam" may have taken their cue from "The Firehouse Five+2" recording
as they also start and finish their side with the footsteps (beaten out
on the drums) at the beginning and the end.

Len Nielsen
Victoria Canada