[Dixielandjazz] Louis Armstrong

Marty Nichols trombone19 at netzero.net
Tue Sep 30 22:53:57 PDT 2003

Harold Smith wrote ..."As far as your comment on Louis fooling the world in the name of showmanship vs.the intent of the song, I ask you to listen to Louis singing "Now, I am white deep down inside, but that don't help my case/" And, later, "I can' t hide  what is on my face."

If Louis was just a clever entertainer, he sure could have fooled the
hell out of me."

Got me thinking: Louis is Louis, is Louis, is Louis ...
He didn't do anything but be himself, and "himself" was jazz. As natural
as can be.

Marty Nichols