[Dixielandjazz] Elvis and Colonel Tom Parker

G. William Oakley gwilliamoakley at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 30 16:26:16 PDT 2003

Hi Jim:
I cenrtainly agree with you regarding Elvis' talent and the video you
reference is a terrific piece of television.  However,  I had the good
fortune of meeting Col. Tom Parker in 1970 and found him to be a most
compelling individual.  We spent an evening together  and his insights into
what makes a star were fascinating.  I would suggest Elvis and Colonel Tom
were a match made in Heaven (maybe even Hill Billy Heaven).
Best,
Bill