[Dixielandjazz] Re: Black & Blue was Blues

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Tue Sep 30 16:52:33 PDT 2003

In a message dated 9/30/03 11:58:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
rebecca.e.thompson at verizon.net writes:

> Black and Blue was written specifically for the musical, "Hot Chocolates".
> It would help to know the story line, if there is one, to that musical.
>
> Rebecca

Since it was on stage 14 years before I was born, I will have to simply
address the song for it's own merit which are many musically and politically if one
wishes to hear it in that context.  Even if it was written specifically for
the musical the writer had a definite message in the lyrics, no doubt to tell
the story of the scene in the musical.  I would like to read the story line
too, anybody know where to get it?

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins