[Dixielandjazz] The Blues

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 29 10:22:46 PDT 2003

Saw episode #1ast night. Confirmed my suspicions that the "BLUES" &
"JAZZ BLUES" (any genre), while they are certainly related, are also
very different.

So, when talking about "BLUES" as a musical genre, OKOMers like Louis
Armstrong and Jack Teagarden and all the other GIANTS of JAZZ are almost
irrelevent. So if they get left out, it really doesn't matter.

This series is about the "BLUES", not Jazz.

Yes, Jazz Jerry, it appears we are on the same wavelength on this one.
;-)

cheers,
Steve Barbone