[Dixielandjazz] Action request for Bill Gunter/Bruichladdich

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 28 23:55:59 PDT 2003

Hi Bros. Don and Rob -

>Gunter, m'Jo, Fr. Ringwald will be calling asking you to take this
>conversation off the list andto a private area -- he already sent the first
>warming.
>Having thus noted his impending ire,I reply to this without the lst inthe

Thanks for sending this, Don - I did indeed receive a slap on the wrist form
Ringwald but I hastened to pen a rebuttal which I have since posted on the
DJML - you surely have received it by now.

I trust I made the point that the issues of good whisky and the DJML often
have contiguous borders.

Did you get a chance to listen to that tear jerker song ("The Coast Of
Heaven")? It's the theme song of the Bruichladdich distillery and it's
basically a commercial message. A bit more poetic and lyrical than the
average jingle, of course, but nonetheless a commercial. But no matter, I
like the song, and with the proper introduction it would reach the typical
jazz festival attendee. There wouldn't be a dry seat (oops, I mean "eye") in
the house.

I just thought of a good name for a short commercial tune about single malts
which you could play, Don . . . a "single Ingle jingle" -- pretty euphonic
huh? huh? huh?

OK, I apologize,

Bill
jazzboard at hotmail.com