[Dixielandjazz] Re: Information wanted

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Sun Sep 28 12:19:39 PDT 2003

[Discographal stuff, which may bore some of you. Hit the delete button now.]
Dear Hans,
Regarding your request forrecording dates.
What I have is listed below.
I will need additional information (matrix and catalogue numbers, etc) to track down the rest.
However, I will keep searching for the missing information.
Kind regards,
Bill.

ALBERT HARRIS guitar duet with IVOR MAIRANTS
Recorded in London for English Brunswick
Summer Madness    29 Sept 1935
Spring Fever    15 June 1935
Dedication (to Eddie Lang)    15 June 1935
Kaleidoscope    20 Sept 1935
Yankee Doodle Plays a Fugue    27 Nov 1936
Autumn Harvest    27 Nov 1936

FRANK VICTOR - HARRY VOLPE
Decca sessions as VICTOR & VOLPE
Easy Like    24 June 1936
Sweet Strings    24 June 1936
Fretted Harmony
Fantasy On Old Folks at Home

ROY SMECK - HARRY VOLPE
Summertime

ROY SMECK - HARRY SMECK
Frettin' Blues
Slippery Fingers     Decca IO89
Guitarese      Decca 1089
Lazy Pickin'

CARL KRESS - DICK McDONOUGH
Chicken á la Swing    16 Feb 1937 for Brunswick
I Know That You Know
Three Little Words
Blues in Eb

CARL KRESS - TONY MOTTOLA
(Capitol sessions)
Jazz in G    29 May 1945
Blonde on the Loose    6 Feb 1947
Sarong Number    6 Feb 1947
Goose from Gander    20 May 1947

The first 3 titles are also on LP (Yazoo L1061) but appear to be from a 1941 Thesaurus radio transcription.