[Dixielandjazz] Re: Warren Vache Sr. was Spain, the tune.

Stephen Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 27 11:55:11 PDT 2003

As I posted before, Sr. should be acclaimed as a national treasure here in the USA. I'm delighted that you pointed out more
of his accomplishments on the OKOM scene. Yet relatively few, even on this list, realize just who and what he is. Modest?
Well, if you look at the Bo he posted recently on the list, there is one hell of a lot left out.

He still makes great OKOM albums and some of the past ones are treasures. Like the 1977 (or so) one with Clarence
Hutchenrider, Johnny Blowers, Dick Wellstood et al. It may still be available on Diamond cut.

Yeah, good on ya Bill for your post and good on Vache Sr. for being a self taught bass player who accomplished far more in
his lifetime of OKOM than most.

Not bad for a Brooklyn boy.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

PS His latest book is about trumpeter Chris Griffin, who, among other things, was with Benny Goodman 60 years ago.