[Dixielandjazz] Request for tangos with English lyrics

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Thu Sep 25 23:42:25 PDT 2003

For Tangos I have, visit
http://americanmusiccaravan.com
click on Books,
click on "Gig Book"
The contents list has a section of Tangos. I tried to include the standards.
Bill Gunter's right on with "Orchids in the Moonlight", a particularly
lyrical tune.
"Hernando's Hideaway" is straight-ahead, with lyrics supporting the beat.
But it's not in any of the published fake books. I happened to find a copy
in a 1976 Broadway collection.

"Marajuana" is a good one, and is in Anderson. I haven't made a sheet yet.
--Sheik