[Dixielandjazz] Request for tangos with English lyrics

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 21 02:32:00 PDT 2003

Hi folks,

>  Grant Simpson wrote:
>
> > 2.    General request:  any Tango's with English lyrics that you folks
>can
> > suggest would be a very welcome one.  Our singer does a great job on
>these
> > types of tunes, but I am not having much like in finding many out of the
> > "norm"

Ringwald suggested

>How about Tom Leher's Masakizim Tango?

I think Bob meant "Masochism Tango" (Bob, That's spelled M A S O C H I S M).

A couple of others I like are "Orchids In The Moonlight"

And from "Damn Yankees" there's "Whatever Lola Wants, Lola Gets"

Also (I think from Damn Yankess) "Hernando's Hideaway."

You can probably find these online somewhere. If you want the lyrics contact
me off line.

Cheers,

Bill Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com