[Dixielandjazz] Columbia's echo

TBW504 at aol.com TBW504 at aol.com
Wed Sep 24 08:44:22 PDT 2003

I doubt the stairwell story. I was once a BBC recording engineer and we had
an echo chamber consisting of a bare-walled underground chamber with a speaker
at one end and a microphone at the other. It worked splendidly except that
extraneous noise - the rumble of passing traffic some distance away; even the
occasional tube train - often made it unuseable. A stairwell would, I suggest, be
virtually useless, although I have no doubt the half-wits at Columbia added
echo.
Brian Wood