[Dixielandjazz] Re: The kludge - musical content, Bob

PJ Ladd pj.ladd at btopenworld.com
Tue Sep 23 20:13:01 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: willc <willc at nova.edu>
To: Bill Gunter <jazzboard at hotmail.com>
Cc: <bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au>; <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>;
<Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 5:14 PM
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Re: The kludge - musical content, Bob

> Bill Gunter wrote:
>
> > >kludge (klooge in Alabama).
> >

> I recall from distant boyhood the long and convoluted story of a venerable
> citizen who manufactured - and  here I'm stuck for the name but it wasn't
> kludge - and for present purposes I'll call ' em 'swooshes'.  >
> SWOOSH!!!
>  >
> Hi Will,

I remember it as a `Kludgemaker` in 1947.
The guy took several months to construct this machine in the bowels of the
ship. He eventually emerged and had the machine dropped over the side, where
it went `Kludge` (or swoosh)

I guess you had to be there.

It was another one of those hilarious jokes like waking a guy up at 3 in the
morning and saying in your best conspiratorial fashion "Do you want to buy a
battleship?"

Musical content `Memories, memories, tales of long ago`

Cheers

PatL