[Dixielandjazz] The kludge/klunge

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Tue Sep 23 18:12:59 PDT 2003

Bill Gunter, the King of the Corrugated Contraption, wrongly claimed  the
definition of klunge to be :

"One employs a "klungemaker" to produce the note by taking the klunge
 (roughly the shape of a blivet) and dropping it into a sizeable body of
 water whereupon it produces the musical sound . . . "KLUNGE!"

Wrong. The klunge is a technique employed in the sport of kfencing, which
when successfully used is followed by a shout of "Ktouche !!"

John Kfarrell

More information about the Dixielandjazz mailing list