[Dixielandjazz] Re: The kludge - musical content, Bob

willc willc at nova.edu
Tue Sep 23 13:14:37 PDT 2003

Bill Gunter wrote:

> >kludge (klooge in Alabama).
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, Will, but it seems to me I've heard of a "klunge"
> which does bear a remote connection to the blivet.

I recall from distant boyhood the long and convoluted story of a venerable
citizen who manufactured - and  here I'm stuck for the name but it wasn't
kludge - and for present purposes I'll call ' em 'swooshes'.  Harshly editing
the hoary shaggy dog joke, once a  year, in great mystery the swooshmaker
manufactured a swoosh and demonstrated it by heating it to cherry red then
dropping it into a vat of seawater in which it went

SWOOSH!!!
 I never heard of a klunge, but that may be a California variation much as the
recall is a variant of Laurel and Hardy.

Kindly,
Will Connelly