[Dixielandjazz] The kludge - musical content, Bob

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 23 16:34:45 PDT 2003

Will Connely writ:

>It is astonishing that this thread has run so long without
>acknowledgment of the blivet companion and occasional synonym, the
>kludge (klooge in Alabama).

Correct me if I'm wrong, Will, but it seems to me I've heard of a "klunge" 
which does bear a remote connection to the blivet.

Perhaps the klunge is a variant of the kludge to which you allude.

In any case, as I recall, the klunge/kludge is a device for producing a 
musical tone (just as a black hole can produce the cosmic B flat).

The way it works is this . . .

One employs a "klungemaker" to produce the note by taking the klunge 
(roughly the shape of a blivet) and dropping it into a sizeable body of 
water whereupon it produces the musical sound . . . "KLUNGE!"

Be aware that this is the extremely short version of an otherwise lengthy 
and complicated explanation of the klunge/kludge.*

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Klungemaker" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com

* see "shaggy dog story" in local reference work.

ps-  Somebody please stop me before I hurt myself!

Help protect your PC.  Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee. 

More information about the Dixielandjazz mailing list