[Dixielandjazz] Letter From Steve Beiderbecke

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald at calweb.com
Sun Sep 21 21:23:59 PDT 2003

 Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu wrote regarding the Steve
Beiderbecke letter:

While possibly seeming to come to Mr. Steve Beiderbecke's
> defense, I can personally attest to the fact that there are reporters
> and their editors (the recent New York Times scandal serves as a case
> in point) who fashion stories to fit their agendas.

 Bob Ringwald adds:

I can personally attest to that.  My daughter Molly Ringwald has had things
written about her in the press for some 27 years.  The facts have ranged
from being 100% correct to complete and utter fabrication.

It was once reported in the New York Post that she was dating John John
Kennedy and that neither John's sister nor Mother approved.

At that time, Molly had not only ever met John Jr., she had never even ever
been in the same room as he.

Sounds as if Steve Beiderbecke was really taken in by a ruthless reporter.

Does anyone have Mr. Beiderbecke's e-mail address?  I'd like to write to
him.

Bob
mr.wonderful at ringwald.com
Placerville, CA USA