[Dixielandjazz] God's Instrument

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 20 19:25:28 PDT 2003

Listmates,

Jan "Trumpet Man" Nichols sayeth:

>Yes, God can play every instrument.  We all know that.  Bill, He even plays
>a banjo that you can enjoy!  However, when God wants our attention, the
>clouds part and bands of angels play on what instrument...........trumpet.
>Somehow, I can't imagine the Second Coming being announced by angels
>playing washboards or banjos.

This is, of course, total doo doo!

The trumpet is usually God's instrument of DESTRUCTION as in:

   Joshua 6:20  - - "When the trumpets sounded, the people shouted, and at
the sound of the trumpet, when the  people gave a loud shout, the wall
collapsed; so every man charged straight in, and they took the city."

Matter of fact, many of the trumpet players I hear today are well suited for
this sort of work.

In addition, if the trumpet is "THE" instrument in God's domain, how come He
assigns everyone a harp for one's celestial sojourn? Huh? Huh? Huh?!

By the way, as an instrument the banjo is a lot closer to a harp than a
trumpet.

Respectfully submited,

Bill "Joshua fit the battle of Jericho" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com