[Dixielandjazz] God's Instrument

Jan Nichols hotjazzcornet at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 20 10:47:37 PDT 2003

I guess I need to straighten you folks out before this thread goes any totally off base.

Yes, God can play every instrument.  We all know that.  Bill, He even plays a banjo that you can enjoy!  However, when God wants our attention, the clouds part and bands of angels play on what instrument...........trumpet.  Somehow, I can't imagine the Second Coming being announced by angels playing washboards or banjos.  Perhaps our 1st cousin the trombone might be appropriate, but certainly not  that instrument of the Devil invented by Mr. Saxe. With all due respect to Flip, when God wants prelude music for some grand event, he won't use a saxophone quartet!

As I tell my trumpet students:  On Judgement Day, won't be any   wimpy trumpet  playing!
                                                                                       Blow, Gabriel, Blow!

Jan Nichols
Old Town Jazz Band
San Jacinto, CA