[Dixielandjazz] messin around

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Wed Sep 17 08:19:44 PDT 2003

Maybe the lyric to Messin Around which Audrey kindly supplied might also
explain one of Pine Top Smith's spoken instructions in Pine Top's Boogie
Woogie - "This time when I stop, I want everybody to mess around" (or
something similar). The Mess Around must have been a dance of some kind.

John Farrell