[Dixielandjazz] messin around

MARTNO1 at aol.com MARTNO1 at aol.com
Wed Sep 17 01:39:32 PDT 2003

Pulled out the sheet I have by this title, and it's the one Ron knew of, that refers to dancing. It is by Charles L Cooke with lyrics by John St. Cyr, published in 1926. The chorus refers to that dance called Messin Around, a dance that's new in the town, it runs the Charleston way out of gas, don't even have to step and still it's full of pep, keep your doggies still, mess around till morning, my grandma thinks it's nice, and Grandpa's done it twice, it's the easiest dance I've found, let's go right now, sure is a wow, messin around, messin around, dance they call messin around.