[Dixielandjazz] METHODS of PIANO TUNING

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald at calweb.com
Tue Sep 16 09:51:50 PDT 2003

Janey,

The problem with the piano could be any number of things.

It could be that your tuner is not good.  I would find out who the
professional pianists/studios/concert halls, use & use that one.  There are
a lot of amateur tuners out there who are not good.

Then, there could be trouble with any number of things inside the piano.
I'd have to hear it to tell you what is wrong.  However, if you are not
happy with the tuning job, do not use him again.  Get a qualified
professional.  And, before he starts, point out the problems to him.

Best,

Bob
mr.wonderful at ringwald.com
Placerville, CA, USA, Earth, Sol's System, Milky Way
Amateur (ham) Radio Station K6YBV
Fulton Street Jazz Band
See: http://www.ringwald.com
Boondockers Jazz & Comedy Band