[Dixielandjazz] Cakewalk playback problem

Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com
Tue Sep 16 10:54:05 PDT 2003

John Farrell says:-

  Andy Ling put his finger on the cause - I had diverted all my MIDI files
  the Roland Virtual Sound Canvas player which unknown to me introduces a
  timing lag in Cakewalk's playback. When I redirected the files to
another
  MIDI application everything fell back into synch - a thousand thanks
Andy,
  at last I can get on with my life !!

Glad to be of service.

I assume from the way you talk, cakewalk doesn't have a tweak to
compensate
for this delay like Band In A Box does. It's a shame, because I think the
sounds from the virtual sound canvas are pretty good. Especially as there
is no external hardware involved. I tend to use it with my laptop when
I'm away from home.

  Gunter is now on my hitlist (I deliberately omitted the first letter of
that
  word) because I purchased Virtual Sound Canvas on his recommendation.

Sounds like you'll have to track him down when he comes over with
Cell Block 7 in a few weeks and at least get a beer or single malt
out of him. I might even get there myself.

All the best

Andy Ling