[Dixielandjazz] -ize and -ise

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Sun Sep 14 11:53:09 PDT 2003

Dear Anton:
"I don't get no respect."
The "ize" or "ise" debate is now being credited to Pat and Bill H. But who
started it off with the original point of the difference? And also made the
first comments referring to the Norman Conquest root to the influx of French
into English spelling...also noted the valour, honour, etc. spelling
differences? Little old me. But "I don't get no respect" -- as a wise stand
up comic once made into a catch phrase.
It's funny how the message goes on ad infinitum leaving the messenger in the
dust of time.(:>) Sic semper memorandus.
Don (You remember him...?) Ingle