[Dixielandjazz] CD question

Nancy Giffin nancyink at ulink.net
Thu Sep 11 18:08:05 PDT 2003

A friend of Bob Romans asked:

>   "Have you ever had someone tell you that your cd's would
>    not play in the cd player? ... this often happens with older
>    equipment ...it won't play computer generated cds."

Hi Bob,
This is true. Curse all our danged "old equipment!" ;-)
Older CD players will not play homemade (rewritable) CDs.
Have you ever seen an older boom box with a label that says, "CD rewriteable
compatible"? I think that's when they were new and wanting to differentiate
and justify their cost. Most new CD players don't bother with that label
since it's now assumed that all CD players will play rewritables.
Love and hugs, and happy travels with CB7,
Nancy