[Dixielandjazz] Re: Trumpet Blues

Robert Newman bobngaye at surewest.net
Wed Sep 10 18:30:58 PDT 2003

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: James Butler
  To: Robert Newman
  Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 7:54 PM
  Subject: Re: Trumpet Blues

  Bob,

    I got the CD this afternoon. Everything plays just great.

  Great, Jim -- Sometimes discs get damaged or machines aren't compatible or something -- so I'm always glad when everything works right. What do you think about the screwy separation on "Double Dixie?"

  We have close to 40,000 recordings -- but I hear there is another guy in the area that has that many by himself.

   Jeez, he must have been a solo piano-bar player. Either that or he was a mountain-top recluse with a piano and a Wilcox-Gay recorder.

  Bob