[Dixielandjazz] enjoyed.....

Dingo roadie at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 11 01:20:53 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Kashishian" <kash at ran.es>
To: <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>
Sent: 10 September 2003 22:07
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] enjoyed.....

<snip>

> .......although people got to
> talking about the booze again, which the British would do, as an ounce
> is about all they get in what they call a "glass" in the U.K.
>
> Got a good glass of Drambuie served to me the other nite, filled to over
> the halfway point, and that was one of those huge curved brandy glasses
> that fills your whole hand and then some....

I rarely touch booze so cannot speak with any authority, but suspect the
cost of that amount of Drambuie, if bought at UK pub/retail prices, would
more than pay your booze bill for a week. As with so many other things
we're taxed silly in the UK ~ a contibuting factor to why AOL are moving
their operation out of the UK to Luxembourg and why so many UK haulage
companies now operate from the Continent.
~=~
 John,
        Suffolk, England.
                    ?