[Dixielandjazz] Relationships to Garber band

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Tue Sep 9 14:44:51 PDT 2003

The last drummer Garber had and for a long time was Tony Brills (sp?), and
when he left the band he took over as asst. manager at Locke's Music
Exchange on Vine St. in Hollywood, the place where most I.A. musicians did
their horn deals or repairs.
Tony was a good drummer in his day, but by the '60's found the work more
steady at Locke's.
Another day-gig guy, in photography, was one of the best clarinet men in
town -- Bill Woods. Gentle man and gentleman. Warm, woody sound. Long time
with Nichols, then with Wally in the Wailers.
Don Ingle