[Dixielandjazz] Two Band Stereo

James Kashishian kash at ran.es
Tue Sep 9 10:51:48 PDT 2003

>I'm not aware of other recordings with a different band in each
channel.
>Anyone know of more?
>Dick Broadie

I don't believe it was ever recorded, but Julio Iglesias played live on
a number of occasions using a band made up of mostly Argentinians, if I
recall correctly, and another band being the carbon copy of the South
American crowd (made up of musicians from Madrid) on the other side of
the stage.  Everybody blew the same chart...doubled up.  Big sound for a
guy with a fairly small voice!  I think it was more for a visual than an
audio effect.  He played the Bernabeu football stadium to a packed out
audience using that format, mainly to prove he could do it, as Frank
Sinatra had previously played the same stadium to a less than half
filled stadium.

He doubled up on his Lexicon 224 digital reverb, also.  I rented one
(actually...I rented one to the Sinatra concert, also!), which was just
used as a backup in case his own unit were to pack up.  Us Dixieland
guys belt it out even if we don't have any sound gear at all!      :>

Jim