[Dixielandjazz] new email address for Jim Beebe

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Sep 2 23:34:04 PDT 2003

>Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 20:22:03 -0400
>From: JimDBB at aol.com
>Subject: [Dixielandjazz] new email address
>
>For anybody interested, I have a new email address. It is:
>jbeebe at centurytel.net
>
>thank you.
Jim and DJML--
     Yes, i'm interested, but for a purely lazy, selfish (as always) reason.
     I have been trying to make a list of and collect recordings by
the greater and lesser luminaries of this list--the greater being
Messrs. Beebe, Hooks, etc.-- but it's hard to find out ALL the
recordings these worthies have made or have played on.
     Then it struck me (not nearly hard enough, but enough to get my
attention): why should i myself try to make such a list?  Wouldn't a
reasonable person assume, Glaucon, that it would be likely that Mr.
Beebe and Mr. Hooks might have a list of the recordings they have
appeared on (separately, not necessarily together)?  I ain't talkin'
'discography', just a list.
     If this is so, perhaps they would share such a list with their
poorer brethren so that we might search out and gobble up the items
we lack.  If this is NOT so (if they ain't no lists), well why the
hell not?  Let's make some lists.
     Of course, i'm also interested in Mr. Beebe's new email-address
because i like the way he writes and want to encourage him to write
more good stuff to us.
     What say?

     Dan
--
**  Dan Augustine     Austin, Texas     ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu  **
**     Someone asked famous jazz saxophonist Stan Getz how he         **